Thursday, April 14, 2005

Exams


Time's Up?


My hands are numb,
I can't feel my finger or my thumb,
Still sitting on my bum,
It's almost time.

The clock strikes one,
No one is having fun,
At least we're almost done,
This time.

The clock strikes two,
I sneeze- someone says: "bless you",
I look around the room,
We're out of time.

The professor says: "Hey you",
I say: "Sir, just these last few?",
He tells me it's due,
It's time.


Ha.

**note: I am aware that this is a sad, sad, very bad poem.
I am reeling from an exam- wrote it fifteen minutes ago- this is a little reflection...
Let it rest in *piece.






1 comment:

Valerie said...

Crystal,
Very cute.

I can feel the stress, how tired you were, and your anguish to leave the frickin' room.

Why do you think this is such a bad poem?
Vers libre rocks....

Especially in times such as this.
How can we express anything as turbulent as these times without sounding brain-dead? We can't.

Bravo!